Nosing in on fun.
Sniffing out her new found friend.
Love that almond joy.
I’m really working hard at making my downsizing adventure exciting.
Or at least fun.
And I’m almost there. (At least I think I am?)
In fact, I discovered 10 new tips this week that gave me an adrenalin rush while navigating my own jungle of closets and cupboards:
1. Bubble wrap is better than the finest French champagne. You’ll still have bubbles to pop and your precious cargo will feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Oooh la la!
2. Never back your car into the cars of move volunteers. Beside the added body shop expenses, they won’t come back unless bribed with double doses of anchovy pizza.
3. Find yourself a BFF at the donation drive up. Brian’s my buddy at the local Goodwill. I get a receipt, pep talk, and a smile every time I roll in.
4. Next, find yourself a guardian angel at the Best Buy. I’ve found one in George. He’s making sure all those dead soldiers under my basement stairs go to their peaceful, final resting place. So long you old Dora the Explorer stickered TV sets and Back Street Boy blaring boom boxes. RIP!
5. Do not pack your cell phones into move boxes. Otherwise you’ll be forever calling yourself to figure out which boxes to reopen.
6. Also, don’t pack away your Ben Gay, heating pad, and chocolate too soon. And once you do, make sure and label that box, “Open Me First!” You’re going to need it.
7. Smile sweetly and bat your eye lashes with your grocery and liquor store clerks when begging for free boxes. I gather more of them that way along with extra sympathy and smiles in return.
8. Remember purging is good for the soul. And also good for others. I’m packing a set of dishes this morning for someone who has none. I’m happy I can help out. What a gift that is for me.
9. Gratitude really is the key. Be thankful you don’t have to move every year. And if you do, you have my sincere sympathy and I’ll regift you all my leftover packing tape.
10. Keep your sense of humor. It’s like high octane fuel.
In summary, I’ll end this Lesson 3 with a little move ‘self talk’ I gave myself and the dogs this morning.
‘This too will pass’.
Though that reminds me, I’ve got 6 more empty boxes and hungry dogs calling my name right now.
And it seems my ringing cell phone is missing once again.